Technical support represents a crucial service to your customers, and when they call with a problem, they want to hear a voice, not deal with a complicated phone tree. There is nothing more frustrating than calling for technical support and getting passed around until you find the right person to speak to – provided, of course, that they are not out at lunch or on holiday or have just gone home.
Computer systems – in Oklahoma or practically anywhere else, for that matter, in today’s world – can grow very large from small beginnings. This often appears to happen overnight without being planned and takes users and technicians by surprise. Eventually, the management and support of such an environment becomes very expensive, time-consuming and frequently an exercise in futility.
TeleRep Oklahoma’s help desk services are designed to provide “level-one” technical support, and qualify calls that need to be answered directly by one of your technical experts. This strategy allows your technical team to function at a higher level, solving major problems and keeping your customers happy and more likely to return.
Here are a few of the ways TeleRep Oklahoma’s help desk services can assist in making your business more productive and efficient:
Creating a single point of contact
A “help desk” or “single point of contact” in an organization can provide benefits that are cost effective, such as using a common shared database of calls. Using such a shared database – which can be paper-based, on a spreadsheet or in a database – will provide benefits: The ‘single point of contact’ role may enter the call details into a central log.
- To reduce time in resolving a call, the log is used for checking how the same incidents were previously resolved by using the search functionality
- The approach will improve the service offered to users and the users’ perception and overall satisfaction.
- The call log is used to track progress on calls and ensure that action has been taken.
- Non-technical staff can spot common problems.
- Organization leaders responsible for budgets and management actions can monitor service levels.
Decisions on future enhancements can be made by accessing information from the log, to aid in deciding which problem areas to address.
Using a common reporting process
A common way to log incidents and make requests has the following benefits:
- The simple effective incident/request forms should be quick to complete.
- An incident only requires reporting once.
- The log sheet should be simple and easy to use.
- The form should be easy for all staff to complete and pass to single point of contact.
- Using the same form ensures that, where there are the same difficulties in reporting incidents or making requests, these are spotted.
- It is simple to check when incidents are not effectively resolved, or action has not been taken when required.
- The single point of contact should check all incident/request forms to ensure that they contain enough information for the technician or person dealing with the call form.
- The support agent can log calls to the technician using an agreed, known process – this will aid in the technician’s understanding of the call.
- Report on resolutions quickly to the users in organization when the technician has completed the work – due to familiarity with the communication process.
- There will be improved teamwork and communication.
Using the same escalation processes and the same communication process
The users have increased access to support through the single point of contact for communication and information.
TeleRep Oklahoma’s range of support assistance covers a wide variety of areas – our agents have access to a deep, well-designed FAQ database that’s constructed with input from each client.
Keep your technical experts busy and productive, and your customers happy, and hire TeleRep Oklahoma for highly qualified and responsive help-desk support.
Get help today – call 800-638-2000.
Our educated help desk personnel keep your customers satisfied and your team stress- free.